The Importance of SEO Search Engine Optimisation
Search Engine Optimisation. Once you have your website hosted the next crucial step is to ensure that your website has been optimised for Search Engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo. Websites have become such a popular medium to share, sell and find information. It is very important to have your website optimised to get a higher page rank and receive the highest amount of focused search engine traffic.
Optimising a website may involve editing its content, meta tags, description, HTML and associated coding. This increases its relevance to specific keywords and remove barriers to the indexing activities of search engines. Promoting a site to increase the number of backlinks, or inbound links, is another SEO tactic.
- Increased visibility: SEO helps websites to rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs), making it easier for potential customers to find your business.
- Cost-effective: SEO can be a cost-effective marketing strategy compared to other methods such as paid advertising. With a well-executed SEO strategy, your website can continue to generate organic traffic for a long time without additional costs.
- Trust and credibility: Higher rankings in search engines can boost your brand’s credibility, as people often trust businesses that appear on the first page of Google.
- Improved user experience: SEO involves optimizing website elements such as site structure, page speed, and content quality, which can lead to a better user experience for website visitors.
- Higher conversion rates: When your website ranks higher in search results, it is more likely to attract potential customers who are actively searching for your product or service. This can lead to higher conversion rates.
- Competitive advantage: With so many businesses vying for attention online, having a strong SEO strategy can help your business stand out from the competition.
- Long-term benefits: SEO is not a one-time effort, but an ongoing process. With consistent optimization efforts, you can enjoy long-term benefits such as increased visibility, traffic, and revenue.
WordPress SEO Plugins
WordPress SEO plugins play an important part and many work out of the box. Simply meaning you only need to add and active the plugin with perhaps, a few tweaks here and there. However, you may find many SEO plugins bloated. Some have confusing functionalities which you will not even need. Our plugin of choice for all our websites is The SEO Framework, It’s easy to set up, doesn’t slow your website and has some very powerful features. Take a look at our ‘Why SEO Framework is the Best Plugin for WordPress in 2020′.
SEO Search Engine Optimisation Cross Linking
A variety of methods can increase the prominence of a webpage within the search results. Cross linking between pages of the same website to provide more links to most important pages may improve its visibility. Writing content that includes frequently searched keyword phrase, so as to be relevant to a wide variety of search queries will tend to increase traffic. Updating content so as to keep search engines crawling back frequently can give additional weight to a site.
Most important; adding relevant keywords to a web page’s meta data, including the title tag and meta description, will tend to improve the relevancy of a site’s search listings, thus increasing traffic.
SEO Search Engine Optimisation Guarantee
It is impossible to “guarantee” a ranking on a page one search engine, however, we can do a great deal of work to increase your site to its highest possible rank and ultimately, increase the number of visitors to your website. For more information why now contact LairdPage today for a quotation!